Saturday, March 7, 2009

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Saturday 3pm

Seriously, people. Why???!!! This is ridiculous. My mother is constantly telling me how similar we are...UM THAT'S NOT A FLIPPING COMPLEMENT. She tells me this like 15 times a minute. So, this morning I am in the kitchen making some coffee and grabbing a piece of pie. She literally was telling me how to pour the coffee better and cut the pie correctly. I finally throw the plate down and say to her "If we're so alike, I understand why my husband left me. I know how to EFFING feed myself."

So, then my mother continues to berate me about how stupid I am and how poor of a wife I was and she wants to teach me how to be a better wife. Remember, she has been married 3 times and obviously figured out the correct way. I finally tell her that I don't care about being a better wife or girlfriend right now because all I want to do is enjoy being single. She is flabbergasted by that because I should be jumping right into another marriage, I am sure. She continues to criticize me and I finally say, "Mother, I do not want any criticism." She responds, "It's not criticism. I want the best for you. It's advice. You don't want my advice? If you had taken my advice from the beginning your marriage would not have failed." I respond, "No, Mom, I do not want your advice." She says, "What?! You want to live in pain and misery." and I simply say "Yes, if that means I don't have to hear your opinion."

Then I'm leaving to go run a few errands. It is 10:45am and she asks if I will be home for lunch. I told her it was unlikely and she said that I needed to come home and eat. Obviously I have to come home and eat because there aren't any restaurants in town. There is no way I could eat while out running errands. NO... I tell her I'm likely not going to be back for lunch and she says "Nicole, you need to eat. You need to get fatter." I respond, "I will never have another boyfriend, much less husband, if I'm fat."

So, I am gone for several hours for obvious reasons. I get a phone call from her telling me that MIke was at the house taking things from the garage. I FLIP out because he's not supposed to be here. Then she calls back again and tells me he is there again. Now, I am PISSED. So, I call him and yell into his voicemail "Please leave my house, you do not have my permission to be there. I am having company. Please leave and do not return."

You know this is going to get ugly, right? Nothing this woman touches turns out right....

So then I text him "Please leave my house. You do not have my permission to be there." NICE.

I then call a neighbor who tells me that MIKE HAS NOT BEEN AT MY HOUSE. He tells me that my neighbor temporarily parked his two cars in my driveway while I was gone because they were loading things in and out of THEIR GARAGE. Are you effing kidding me???!

So, the crazy woman gets me all fired up thinking my ex-husband is stealing shit from my garage and he hadn't even come by. So now he will get a voicemail and a text from me and he will think I'm batshit crazy. I mean, I am crazy, but do we really need to make him hate me anymore. Seriously?

I sent him a text apologizing for the misunderstanding. I blamed it on some neighbor who was concerned. I still feel like an ass for reacting so badly, but like a friend says, "He now gets the point that you don't want him at your house."

I remain hidden in my room. I'm praying that someone will want to do something tonight, so I don't have to stay home with my mother. I'm seriously going insane.

3 comments:

  1. You've gotta get your mom out of your hair ... and get yourself out with a new guy. Being a "good wife"? Pshaw. LAME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good wives are over-rated. :) Good wives are never appreciated by lame husbands. New guy? Sure, no prob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat or thin, you will date and likely marry again. The odds are in your favor. Eat what you want, when you want and be happy :) This chapter is almost closed.

    ReplyDelete